In Complete Transparency: I Love to Choose and Learn New Things About Me
I saw something yesterday that changed how I see myself in a very important way.
Dyslexia is a skill. I had to sit with this a bit, because as a writer and artist, I’ve spent a lot of time not acknowledging this trait or feeling very good about it; however, it most certainly explains a lot about my process, preferences, passions, and the things I need to delegate, like editing.
Self-choice and education are something my coaching practice was built upon, and it continues to inform my Creative Positive Truth Process and the segue into entertainment. Here is what I realized: most of us have a billion different people, places, and things calling for a bit of our attention. My question was: how can I assist the largest number of people in greater self-efficacy and confidence while still being fun, uplifting, and not taking up a ton of their time, or mine.
Something accessible 24/7 whenever it is needed, yet open-ended enough for someone to apply to their own life and feel better for having done so. Something others may be willing to tell their friends about and enjoy returning to. The answer came to me. Entertainment. It's the one thing most people do in some form daily, by watching, listening, or reading. And so the bridge from Creative Positive Truth Coaching to Creative Positive Truth Entertainment was born. NTM, I’ve always enjoyed and had a talent for writing, music, and design.
This was also something I wasn't finding much of in the current market. I found myself not having a whole lot to watch or listen to that made me feel positively uplifted after watching or listening to it. Much of it also poked at inadequacies in myself and in others. My aim is to create characters and entertainment that view things like dyslexia, neurodiversity, gender, age, etc as strengths, skills, and confidence builders that help us all be our best selves so we can then add to the best of humanity and beyond.
If you are interested in co-creating with me in this way or would like content created to this end, please contact me, subscribe to my newsletter, and keep in touch.
https://linktr.ee/sharondaspage

Comments
Post a Comment